Speedy Trial: Q&A with Dane Co's Legal Community
This feature introduces a member of Dane County's legal community as they answer five questions posed to them by DCLRCBlawg.
Meet Andra Nollendorfs, staff attorney for Dane County Circuit Court
1. What's the favorite part of your job?
- I really enjoy interacting with judges and discussing legal issues that arise in the context of litigation.
2. What's the greatest challenge facing Dane Co. courts or legal professionals today?
- Keeping on top of the ever-increasing workload.
- I am lucky enough to have a job where I get to see something new every day. My job is accordingly always changing, but in a way that allows me to get excited by my work.
A: Legal Research...what's that?
B: Thank Goodness for staff attorneys and office staff!
C: Mostly at home, mostly as needed
D: All research, all the time. Oh, and of course, "thank goodness for staff attorneys and office staff!"
5. What three pieces of advice would you give to someone new to your line of work?
- Stay on task and on schedule.
- Pay attention--you will learn a lot through osmosis, whether you intend to or not!
- Love what you do. Or at least, learn to.