This feature introduces a member of Dane County's legal community as they answer five questions posed to them by DCLRCBlawg. If you would like to participate, please email Paula Seeger for more information.
Meet Attorney Charles V. ("Buck") Sweeney from AXLEY BRYNELSON, LLP
1. What's the favorite part of your job?
- Helping people to solve problems.
2. What's the greatest challenge facing Dane Co. courts or legal professionals today?
- Having patience to listen to some of the issues, and using common sense to address the problems between individuals with very diverse views of reality.
- Technology has required lawyers to be available 24 hours a day and respond to E-mails on computers and the Blackberry.
4. You would describe your legal research style as:
A: Legal Research...what's that?
B: Thank Goodness for staff attorneys and office staff!
C: Mostly at home, mostly as needed
D: All research, all the time.
5. What three pieces of advice would you give to someone new to your line of work?
- Be willing to listen to your client’s needs and be responsive.
- Answer phone calls and respond to people to give them the impression that they are the most important client to you.
- Don’t be afraid to say “I don’t know, but will find out”.